I’m not gonna drag this out… here’s a Halloween costume idea based on the late but great Tammy Faye.
Lady of the ’80s
The 1980s brought us lots of extravagant women but none stand out more so in my mind than Tammy Faye Bakker. She was infamous for many things but I first witnessed her when she appeared on the second season of the VH1 reality television series The Surreal Life alongside Corey Feldman in 2004. Her larger-than-life personality and humorous outlook on life made me an instant fan.
I chose her as costume inspiration today because her look is iconic, whether you remember her name or not. In her own words, “Honey, I am going to my grave with my eyelashes and my makeup on.”
First watch how I transformed into her and then scroll down for more of this fabulous outfit!
What I Wore
- Thrifted dress, earrings, shoes, and wig, $8 total
- Redbird Vintage purse, c/o (shop Redbird Vintage store)
- Poshmark leopard print coat, $25
- We Love Colors tights in “Black“, c/o (shop exact tights)
- Revlon lipstick in “Violet Pop” + Jordana red lip liner (full makeup details in the video description box)
I personally love looks that involve a lot of make-up because I feel like they’re great for last minute costumes. The whole “cat” or “deer” look never did it for me – gimme drama!
Definitely have fun with this disguise and tag me on social media if I inspired you for Halloween! My @handles are at the bottom of this post.