Let’s give three cheers for this DIY!
January has been full of so many requested posts and I’m really excited to be sharing this one for my DIY pom-pom earrings. You always ask me how to make them when I wear them in an outfit post (like this one!) and I’m finally getting around to writing this out.
Here’s how I make pom-pom earrings in under 5 minutes!
✂️ Supplies You Need ✂️
- Pom-poms (mine were thrifted but I like these!)
- 24 gauge jewelry wire (mine is gold)
- Earring hooks (I went with kidney style so I didn’t have to deal with a backing)
- Optional: jewelry pliers (this set looks great
• First I cut the jewelry wire in a small 2-3 inch piece and wrap one end around my earring hook.
• Next I jab that whole thing through the thickest part of my pom-pom. If you’re having trouble, try threading the wire through a needle and sticking it in that way.
• The last step is taking the jewelry pliers and I just roll up the extra wire to create sort of a knot to prevent the piece from coming apart. Then I use the fluff to hide the evidence!
• This is what the final pom-pom earring looks like!
I’d be lying if I said I didn’t immediately make 5 more pairs after I was done photographing this tutorial. It literally took me longer to get my lighting set-up for this project than it did to actually make them!
I would highly recommend this project to anyone just starting out with jewelry making because they’re so simple. Be sure to tag on me Instagram (@hannah_rupp) if you re-create them so I can check it out!
Also, go ahead and Pin this project or share it with your friends on social media. 🙂
CATCH UP WITH ME ON: