Read All About This DIY!
Dress up the pages of your current read with a fashionable bookmark you can make yourself in under 5 minutes!
I’ve spent a lot of time reading during the last 2 years and realized my bookmarks are pretty subpar. Random scraps of paper, some sophisticated magnetic types, and many I got from the Scholastic Book Fairs in the ’90s. (Yikes!)
The idea for a bookmark made from a fashion magazine struck after I saw something similar on Pinterest.. and I was probably browsing one of my many fashion magazines at the time. 😏
It’s super simple to make and only takes a few minutes to take your book from drab to fab. Be sure to Pin this post for later.. or bookmark it!
• Fashion magazines (Don’t have any magazines lying around? Order a free fashion catalog. Learn more in this post!)
• Tape or laminator
• Colorful thread, string, yarn, etc
• Hole punch
Instructions For Making a Fashionable Bookmark
• First, pull a few pages from a pre-loved fashion magazine.
• Cut out your shape from the page whether it’s an outfit, a coveted clothing item, or something else you found.
• Next use tape or a laminator to protect your magazine page. Be very generous with the plastic!
• Once your image is protected, cut around the outside, leaving a little extra along the edges and a lot of extra at the top.
• Use a hole punch to add a hole at the top of your image, where I had you leave all the extra clear plastic.
• Gather a handful of colorful thread together and loop it through your hole and tie a knot. Cut any extra string and save it for another project.
And that’s it. Now you have a stylish way to hold your place in a book!
What book will you use it with? Here’s a list of my must-read fashion books, from memoirs by designers to sustainability guides!