My Skincare Routine 2019
I can’t remember the last time I shared my skincare routine but, wow, have things changed!
I’ve gotten a greater sense for my skin type (it’s dry with mild rosacea), I’ve laxed on my budget and gotten better about investing in my skin and expanded my selection beyond the drugstore, and, most of all, I’ve been dealing with chronic fatigue which really determines how much effort I can put into my routine.
But I guess I’ve been doing something right because I received lots of positive feedback on Instagram and requests for my skin secrets. So here they are!
(Note: I’m not a dermatologist or skincare expert. All products are merely recommendations based on my own trial and error. What works for my skin might not necessarily work for you.)
My Morning Routine
My morning routine is one product, sometimes:
My energy is at the lowest in the morning so I can usually only muster up the energy to use a washrag soaked in lukewarm water on my face to wipe off anything that accumulated from my pillow while I was asleep.
However, if I’m feeling fancy, then I’ll follow up with a facial oil.
• Dermalogica Phyto Replenish Oil is my favorite right now! Oil has been a GAME CHANGER for me! How did I live so long on just moisturizer alone?!
My Nighttime Routine
In the evening, I always make it a point to wash my makeup off and cleanse my skin. Even on my lowest energy days, I owe it to myself not to ruin my future skin and clog up my pores.
My routine is a little out of order but this is how it goes:
• I start by cleansing my face with Olay Gentle Clean Foaming Cleanser. (Foam is a no-no for dry skin, however, this one doesn’t actually foam up.)
• Followed up with Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover to eliminate any signs of cosmetics on my face.
• Rinse again with lukewarm water to remove oil.
• Finish with Thirst No More Moisturizer.
Then about once a week, I add in a few extra steps –
• Cleanse again and use makeup remover again.
• Then use Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant which makes my skin feel INCREDIBLE.
• Next a mud mask like this Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask (I mainly spot use this one for zits).
• Last step is to top it all off with Alpha Skin Care Nourishing Eye Cream and my moisturizer from before.
My routine is every changing and evolving but this is the first winter in a long time that my face hasn’t been covered in dry flakes so I gotta give a huge props to this current line-up.
If you found value in this post, please be sure to Pin it or send it to a friend. Also, let me know your skincare tips below!
CATCH UP WITH ME ON: